The San Fortuntat Cooperative has its documentary origins during the 1942-43 campaign, but prior to the constitution of the Cooperative as such, mention should be made of the old Republican Agricultural Development, founded in 1934. The founders of the mill Oil from the Republican Agricultural Promotion, now the Museum of Oil and the Rural World, deserve recognition to start cooperative work properly, as well as the construction of the facilities that would be opened at the Cooperativa Sant Fortunat.
During the 50s and 60s, there was a rotation of boards and presidents. As a remarkable fact we can mention the purchase of the current lands of the cooperative, in 1961. The following year, the Machinery and La Caixa Rural Section was created.
In 1983, the Castelldans Town Hall, together with some of the still-living funerals, inaugurated the Museum of the Farmer, later renamed Museum of Oil and the Rural World, culminating an initiative of the teacher of the municipal school, Ramon Calvera Berniz and some of the boys and girls who went to class with him.
The New Oil Festival is celebrated every year at the beginning of December in order to promote and promote the consumption of oil by offering a popular breakfast using the first oils of the year. The Museum of Oil and Mon Rural opens its doors free of charge from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
There is a permanent exhibition where, basically, there are exposed disused farm tools. There are also utensils of other household items and utensils. The traditional atmosphere of the mills is reflected and the olive oil production process is shown by traditional methods, machinery from the 1930s, and thematic references to trades from the s. XVIII-XX.